Legal Services


The information presented on this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for advice regarding their individual legal issues. Similarly, persons accessing this site are encouraged to directly contact organizations providing legal services regarding their individual legal issues.

The law library or the Wellington Law Association is not able to recommend a lawyer to you. However you can obtain help in finding a lawyer from the Law Society of Upper Canada. 

The Law Society Referral Service (LSRS) fills an important community need by connecting people looking for legal assistance with a lawyer or paralegal. If you're looking for a lawyer referral service or paralegal referral service, LSRS can help. For anything from dealing with a traffic ticket to buying your first home, you can find a legal representative with LSRS.

When you request a lawyer or paralegal referral online, we will give you the name of a lawyer or licensed paralegal who will provide a free consultation of up to 30 minutes to help you determine your rights and options, provided we have a match available.

You can also directly access and search through the LSUC Lawyer and Paralegal Directory LSUC Lawyer and Paralegal Directory.

  Go to top...   Admin  Edit

The Landlord and Tenant Board (LTB) was created by the Residential Tenancies Act (RTA) on January 31, 2007. The RTA gives residential landlords and tenants rights and responsibilities, and sets out a process for enforcing them. The RTA also sets out the process for resolving non-profit housing co-operative (“co-op”) eviction disputes.

The role of the LTB is to:

  1. resolve disputes between landlords and tenants through mediation or adjudication
  2. resolve eviction applications from co-ops
  3. provide information to landlords and tenants about their rights and responsibilities under the RTA

The LTB does not provide information about the rights and obligations of non-profit housing co-operatives and their members.

Housing Help Centre maintains a housing registry to assist individuals in securing affordable housing that exists in the private rental market. The Centre is operated and funded by the County of Wellington.

  Go to top...   Admin  Edit


Provincial Offences Courthouse Guelph

Provincial Offences Courthouse, Guelph